Search for jobs in...
‹ Back to search results
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £45K- £55K per Year
Type: Full Time
Posted: November 25, 2021
Consultant: Brad Davies
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Quantity Surveyor to join a Regional Contractor on a permanent basis. The company is based in Lancashire and completes projects throughout the North West.
Your new company
Your new company is a family run business that has been operating for over 90 years servicing the North West on a wide range of projects. Your new company is heavily led by local authorities and government led initiatives with over 70% of their turnover through this type of work. Due to the company values they create long lasting relationships with their clients whether this is in the public or private sector, resulting in the majority of clients bringing repeat business keeping your new company busy.
Your new role
Your main duties and responsibilities included, but are not limited to:
- Effective commercial control of all subcontract packages, including provision of timely and accurate documentation.
- Administration of subcontractor accounts.
- Ensuring procurement of subcontractors and suppliers are undertaken in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensuring that payments and notices are issued in accordance with the subcontract & construction act in particular.
- Ensure that all commercial risks during the project are identified and reported to the Commercial Manager.
- Attending project meetings (Design, Pre-order, Internal reporting, Contract progress) and ensure that information and cost advice is provided monthly in an accurate and proficient manner.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed you will have proven experience within a Quantity Surveyor position, preferably working for a Regional Contractor. You will ideally have experience working on projects with values ranging from £750k - £10m in sectors such as education and healthcare. You will have excellent commercial skills and be contractually aware, with a good knowledge of subcontract orders and buying principles.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a salary of between £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience. You will also receive a car allowance of £5,400. You will also receive company benefits such as company healthcare and company mileage. You will also be enrolled into the company pension scheme along with getting 34 days annual leave including bank holidays.
How to Apply
In order to apply please send a copy of your most up to date CV to Brad at Fawkes & Reece (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call on the contact details provided.