Search for jobs in...
‹ Back to search results
Senior Design Engineer
Location: West Sussex
Salary: £55K- £60K per Year
Type: Full Time
Posted: January 14, 2022
Consultant: Malvin Moyo
Fawkes & Reece South are working with a Principal Contractor who work on complex and challenging civil engineering projects along the South Coast of England.
Your role will be to provide efficient, cost effective design solutions and respond to all technical and design matters as required. This will include supporting the delivery of outline designs at tender stage, temporary works and permanent works designs at contract stage.
You will be involved in (but not limited to):
- Liaison with external clients, Principal Designers, Supervising Engineers, ensuring that all requirements are fulfilled & expectations are met
- Maintain awareness, advise and promote procedures for CDE and BIM to meet expectations
- Support the Managing Quantity Surveyor with contract disputes to mitigate the impact on-time delivery
- As required, attend training sessions, conferences & meetings in line with our commitment to Investors in People
- Overseeing and approving the design of temporary and permanent works at tender stage and contract stage including provision of calculations, drawings, specifications and design process documentation to agreed timescales
- Provide strategic & technical advice throughout the organisation, including product specifications and suitability, geotechnical site investigation and design costs
- Provide cost effective technical solutions
- Producing working drawings using AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Revit & Navisworks
- Assisting with the preparing of licensing applications
Requirements including skills and qualifications:
5+ years' work experience in a design office or similar environment
Design experience within civils or water, temporary works or geotechnical environment.
Be a natural problem solver and be able to use initiative to find solutions
Good attention to detail required
Effective communication skills
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment, opportunities to progress whatever stage of your career as well as a package that gives you security and recognises your contribution to the business.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Malvin at Fawkes & Reece Southampton or use the link below